We are looking for a talented individual ready to take on challenges such as designing and programming new innovative video software products.
We also expect help to manage the development, the QA process and product releases. You will join our creative development team and interact with our major external partners.
We expect you to excel at coding, managing and designing new ways of bringing real-time video to all screens in the world.
To perform efficiently in an agile team, we are looking for an all-rounder ready to assume various responsibilities along the life-cycle of multiple projects.
You will work with our internal and external development teams, manage schedules and deliveries, and help optimizing the communication flow. You will report to the Development Director and the CEO.
We expect the candidate to be skilled, organized and talented to take on various responsibilities simultaneously in the set of key missions described below.
It is neither mandatory nor expected that the candidate will take on all these missions, and the position will be adjusted to the profile of the candidate.
- Software Developer (UI, video, rendering, multithread, Mac, scripting)
- Scrum/Project Manager (defining tasks, tracking progress, schedules, coordinating)
- Build/Release Manager (automated build process, releases and deployment, communication)
- Video Software/UX/UI Designer (designing new features, studying existing software, specifications)
- Support/QA Engineer (reviewing developed tasks and builds, analyzing and resolving issues, coordinating external teams)
- Proven skills designing and developing software and graphics applications.
- Very good skills in C++ and Object Oriented Programming.
- Good code quality with good readability and respect of coding guidelines.
- Comfortable using Visual Studio or XCode environments.
- At ease ensuring maintenance and refactoring existing applications.
- Experience managing a project with AGILE or SCRUM methodology.
- An excellent eye for quality and software UX design.
- Excellent English writing skills and good spoken English.
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with the VJ, media server, video, lighting or sound industries.
- Experience with Media APIs like DirectShow, Windows MediaFundation, FFmpeg.
- Experience developing user interfaces with Qt or WxWidget.
- Significant experience developing Mac OSX and Windows applications.
- Experience with graphics APIs (DirectX, OpenGL, Shaders).
- Experience developing in multi-threaded real-time environments.
- Experience with network and lighting protocols (MIDI, DMX, ArtNet…).
- Experience setting up a build server, installers, automation scripts or automated testing.
- Web development (CMS like Drupal, PHP…), HTML, REST.
- Master of computer science or equivalent.
- Positive can-do attitude.
- Proactive, inventive, persevering and autonomous.
- Service minded, problem solver and stress resistant.
- Reliable, trustworthy, and rigorous.
- Willing to work in a multicultural team.
- Excellent team spirit and communications skills.
- Position based in the Brussels area in Belgium.
- Relocation at applicant’s charge.
- Salary depending on profile and experience.
Please restrain from applying if you wouldn’t possess some good C++ coding, design, project management and quality process skills or would not feel at ease handling various responsibilities in parallel. The candidate must be able to present a portfolio showing good quality software products produced or personal projects.
Documents to provide
Cover letter, resume with photo and a portfolio
Interested in defining the future of video technology?
ArKaos is a leading provider of real-time video technology for the entertainment, music and light industries. ArKaos’ team of developers is pushing the limits and performance of real-time graphic processing to deliver video products for clubs, concerts, theaters, studios, video artists and more. ArKaos is currently growing both its range of products and its international distribution network, and is looking for talented and ambitious people to join the team.